Batteries have always been the main cause of concern for all electronics. Unless you are running a solar battery – though that needs to replace every now and then too – you will inevitably run into various problems.
We have taken it upon ourselves to compile a general guide on the various knowhow and things you need to know about mobile battery service, why you should consider one, their uses and cost. Without further ado, let us begin:
The biggest reason why you should be choosing a battery replacement service is that all batteries degrade over time. Whether you are using those generic Lithium-Polymer batteries or those fancy new Tesla batteries: all batteries do have a limited lifespan. This lifespan usually lasts between 1 to 10 years, with the newer batteries usually lasting the higher end of the curve.
Reasons to choose a battery replacement service:
Here are some reasons why you should choose a battery replacement service:
- Battery degradation – As we mentioned earlier, batteries degrade over life, losing their total capacity. The battery you bought one year ago will not last as much now as it did a year ago. Choosing a battery replacement service can help you renew that life back so you can carry on.
- Mobile batteries are difficult to remove – Mobile batteries are usually installed in difficult places in various electronics. If you are using a mobile phone that you bought recently, there is a 99% chance that your phone’s battery cannot be removed without actually prying it open.
- Less risky for you – When removing or replacing a battery, it can become quite risky as batteries are very prone to exploding or leaking when bent or damaged. Professionals can handle this service much better and will spare you considerable effort and potential poisoning.
- Free for iPhones if in warranty – If your iPhone is under warranty or has a subscription to AppleCare+, you can get your battery replaced officially for free.
- Hassle-free for many Androids – all Androids differ in the way they are made inside. Some fold, while the others don’t. With so many configurations, it is a hassle to find a way to pry open a device to replace a battery without damaging it. A professional has the experience and can do it easily.
There are a wide variety of other reasons why you should be investing in a battery replacement service. You could probably think of a few reasons off the top of your head if you tried too.
Can you fit a mobile battery at home?
Though mobile batteries are usually designed for use in mobile phones and various other mobile devices, there is nothing that says against using and replacing your mobile batteries at home. The current generation smartphones may have made it extremely difficult to repair your mobile battery yourself, but it is not impossible.
We recommend checking out popular YouTubers and professionals like JerryRigEverything and iFixit before trying to pry open your mobile battery at home.
Common steps to fit a mobile battery at home:
You may break your phone while trying to pry it open to fit a mobile battery at home. If you understand the risks, and still want to continue, perhaps for science, here are a few general steps that should help you replace a battery for your phone:
- Use a heat gun to melt away the glue that is holding your phone to the frame. Your battery is most likely located near the motherboard, protected by various layers of screws and other things.
- Carefully lift the screen of the phone, and unplug the screen from the motherboard.
- Unplug all screws holding the shell, frame and antennae of the phone to the motherboard.
- Unplug your battery strip from the motherboard. Check if there are any pull-tabs for your battery. If there are, pull on them with a constant force. If there aren’t, use a pry tool. Never use metal as it can stab and leak the battery.
- Put your new battery in, and carefully reattach the ribbon to the motherboard. Reattach the screws and put the phone back together.
Depending on your phone, the process may or may not succeed. Apple, for example, has taken special measures to ensure that third party battery replacement is not done. If you try to replace the battery on their latest iPhone 12, you will receive an error and will not be able to use a wide variety of their services, even if the battery is otherwise original.
How much does a mobile battery service cost?
Depending on your phone, and whether their repairability is easy or hard, getting a mobile phone service can be cheap or expensive. For example, if you have one of those Xiaomi phones that can use proprietary or even generic batteries from any brand, your battery replacement might cost around -0. If you have one of those branded Samsung phones that come with shiny special glass backs, you will be set back pretty high because those replacements are hard.
Costs to think about:
Here are a few costs that you need to think about that will be added to your battery replacement service:
Cost of labor
depending on what phone you have; the labor can be pretty intensive. It can take roughly an hour of extreme care to change your mobile battery. Plastic phones can take around ten to fifteen minutes to get in.
Nature of service
iPhone official replacement services can cost you about to replace the battery on iPhone XR, XS Max and XS. Older phones cost anywhere between to . Newer iPhones are about . Unofficial iPhone battery replacement services cost about less than the official ones on average, though the price can fall considerably.
No unofficial mobile battery replacement service usually takes responsibility for broken phones and various other problems that can arise after the battery is replaced. If you insure your phone against this damage, you will want to add that to your mobile battery service cost too.
This above guide has everything related to mobile batteries and their costs. If you have any confusion about any technical aspect related to mobile batteries, consider reading above once more. We are always here to answer you with your queries also.
lithium-ion battery e-bike battery lithium battery