Fax：(+86) 769 2229 0098
ADD：Tonghui Road, Dongcheng Science Park,
Greenway New Energy
ABOUT US PRODUCTS NEWS Scan QR code to follow
Lithium-Ion Camera Battery Charger-Compare with Universal Charger
A good battery charger plays a vital role in the durability and performance of the rechargeable batteries. In the market, price sensitivity affects the status of the chargers, and they get low priority. And no one can deny that a battery and its charger must go together like a horse and a carriage. The former cannot deliver without the later.
As we mentioned that the universal charger could be used for any device, it includes digital cameras. It was the GSM Association that tried to standardize the cell phone charging system. And as a part of that standardization, the micro-USB interface was chosen to be the ideal solution. At present, most of the devices from cell phones to digital cameras, Bluetooth to speakers are built on this technology. It means that you can charge your cell phone, camera, Bluetooth, and speaker using the same charger without worrying about battery life or performance issues.
People throughout the world are enjoying the idea of a universal charger a lot. They don't have to rely on the manufacturer-specific chargers anymore to keep their device functional. Furthermore, when the original charger of the device gets damaged, consumers prefer buying a universal charger instead of the original one.
What Is The Characteristic Of Lithium-Ion Camera Battery Charger?
Different battery chargers are designed in such a way that they can operate under different conditions for a variety of devices. While other battery chargers must be chosen according to the requirements, the universal battery charger comes with a technology that delivers intelligent charging solutions.
For a camera with a lithium-ion battery, the desired charger characteristics should be:
· The charger should be lightweight.
· The voltage regulator must be installed in the charger.
· A universal charger should support all kinds of batteries, including AA, AAA, digital camera batteries, camcorder batteries, etc.
· Trickle charger function should be included to ensure that the battery doesn't suffer due to overcharging.
· A good quality lithium-ion universal battery charger should have multiple device support along with all standard rechargeable batteries.
· The voltage range of the universal charger must be in the range of 3.6 V to 7.4 volts so that the batteries can be charged as quickly as possible.
· All universal chargers should have ideal capacity at the cut-off-voltage. Such as at 3.80 V/cell, the capacity must be 40%; at 4.20 V/cell, the capacity must be 85%, and so on.
Some additional features in the universal charger can add value to the system. It will be beneficial if the charger has the following specifications.
· The charger can charge from an AC outlet and external battery pack as well.
· For all batteries, the maximum charging time should be 2 hours or less.
· The charger should indicate the battery percentage of the device along with the remaining battery capacity.
· A dual contact connection must be present to allow connection to any battery.
· Automatic polarity detection and voltage detection circuit should be present for safety measures.
· The charger should have worldwide power compatibility of 100 to 240 V power supply.
Choosing the right universal charger can be a tough decision. But it is a one-time investment that can last for years. Hence, it is recommended that you purchase a universal charger after careful consideration and comparison.
How Do You Use A Universal lithium battery Charger?
As we all know, lithium is a highly reactive material, and if the battery is not charged correctly, then it can cause permanent damage to the battery chemistry. Furthermore, it can lead to instability and explode sometimes. That's why; it is often suggested to charge the batteries under a carefully controlled constant voltage and current.
Fortunately, universal chargers are built after considering all the risk factors. The usage of a universal charger is straightforward. Just follow the steps given below: