Fax：(+86) 769 2229 0098
ADD：Tonghui Road, Dongcheng Science Park,
Greenway New Energy
ABOUT US PRODUCTS NEWS Scan QR code to follow
How to connect amp to car battery?
Installing an amplifier can improve the quality of your aftermarket or factory stereo. Once an amp is assembled, you will need to connect it to the battery to power it.?
An amplifier installation kit will supply the correct parts for the amplifier wiring, however, if you do not have one, you will need a power cord and a ring terminal to connect the cable to the battery.
How to connect the amp meter to the car battery?
Here is a step-by-step guide:
1. Loosen the negative (-) battery cable nut with the pliers and pull the cable away from the battery.
2. Remove the fuse from the ring terminal on the amplifier power cord. Connect the cable to the positive battery cable (+) and tighten the supplied nut.
3. Run the power cord inside. Examine your firewall to find the pre-drilled hole where the cables enter the interior of the vehicle. This is the ideal place through which to feed the power cord
4. Pull back the mat on the floor enough to cover the power cord. You'll be routing the cable under the carpet to your amp.
5. Pull the cable through the mounting hole for the amp if the amp is mounted under your seat.
6. Continue to route the cable to the rear of the vehicle if the amplifier is mounted in the trunk or trunk. Route it under the rear seat cushion and into the trunk or cargo area
7. Connect the power cord to the amplifier, each amplifier is different, but the correct plug will show "Main" or "Power cord".
How to connect amp wire to a car battery?
An aftermarket amplifier needs to have an established connection to the vehicle's battery for power. The wiring connecting the battery to the amplifier must travel from the engine compartment to the location of the amplifier.
You will have to use a route through the vehicle's firewall for the power cord. Some vehicles will have a path to the interior of the cabin already available. Pass the power cord along with the existing wiring. For vehicles that do not have a route available to the inside of the car, you will have to create a new opening in the firewall.
1. Raise the hood of the vehicle to access the battery.
2. Loosen the screws that secure the positive and negative battery cables to their respective battery terminal posts with a wrench or pliers.
3. Remove the negative battery cable from the negative battery post terminal. Route the cable away from the pole until the amplifier is installed.
4. Place the ring terminal from the amplifier wiring kit on the battery positive terminal post. Tighten the bolt on the post to secure the ring terminal and positive battery cable to the terminal.
5. Remove the fuse from the fuse compartment in the ring terminal. The fuse must remain out of its slot until the amplifier has been fully installed and connected.
6. Connect the power cord from the amplifier wiring kit to the ring terminal.
7. Feed the power cord into the interior cabin of the vehicle through the firewall. Use an entry set through the firewall or create a new one with a drill. Place a rubber grommet in any new opening in the firewall. When creating a new opening in the cabin, choose the side of the engine compartment that will lead to the driver's side of the interior of the vehicle.
8. Replace the negative battery cable on the negative battery terminal once the amplifier is installed. Tighten the cable fixing bolt to the post with the wrench. Replace the amplifier ring terminal fuse in the fuse holder as the last step in the amplifier installation process.
Car Amplifier Wiring Diagram Installation:
We invite you to immerse yourself in the theorists of Audio Car, from today we are going to start with a sequence of Wiring Diagrams for different types of audio systems.
Audio Car Theorists:
Many people think about the installation of an audio system in their car is complicated hopelessly and is best to hire a professional. Although this is a very good and reliable option, we assure you that in most cases with a little effort and self-study on your part, you will be able to assemble your audio system without problems.
That's why we encourage you to bring these diagrammatic articles that will help you to see how all the independent components come organized to form a car audio system. You just need to know where to place them and how to connect them.
The additional equipment you will want to wire all of these components includes:
- Distribution blocks.
- Speaker cable.
- Wiring kit.
- RCA cables.
- Capacitors are generally not important in a stereo setup, but we include one here to show how it would connect to a system.
Without further ado, the famous diagram:
The diagrams are not only aesthetic ways to more easily represent the system connection, but they also follow a logical order that if the order is interchanged, we could run the risk of ruining the proper functioning of the entire car audio system.
Go ahead and follow the Audio Car theorists, the wiring diagrams are an essential part of the design of your audio system inside your car, they will make things much easier for you and you will be able to understand many others.
Tips and Warnings:
- Be sure to route the power cord and signal wire from the vehicle stereo on opposite sides of the vehicle.
- Consult your vehicle's repair manual for instructions on hiding the power cord (and signal cables) under the vehicle floor mats.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable before removing or installing any electrically connected components to the vehicle to avoid shock and/or damage to components or other parts of the vehicle's electrical system.