Fax：(+86) 769 2229 0098
ADD：Tonghui Road, Dongcheng Science Park,
Greenway New Energy
ABOUT US PRODUCTS NEWS Scan QR code to follow
Good 18650 Battery Brand-Brand Effect and Buying
There are hundreds of 18650 rechargeable battery brands out there. Being many in the market leads to competition which may be an advantage to buyers. On the other hand, having many options makes it challenging for buyers to know the brands that sell genuine batteries and those that sell fake ones. It is for this reason that you need to be very cautious while buying 18650 batteries/cells for any of your devices.
- What is the best brand for 18650 Li-ion batteries?
- No brand can claim to have an overall best battery in the market at all times. However, some brands have been very consistent when it comes to making 18650 batteries over time. These brands include; Samsung, LG, Sony, and Panasonic. Here are some of the different battery models from the above brands.
- 1.Samsung INR18650-30Q Li-ion batteries
- This battery is looked at as one of the best 18650 Li-ion batteries in the market at the moment. It has a capacity of 3000mah and its continuous discharge rating is 15A. However, going slightly above 15A will cause no danger as long as it is not beyond 20A. The battery weight 48grams. This battery falls under the flat top category so ensure your devices support flat top batteries before you buy one
- 2.SONY VTC5 18650
- This battery from Sony has a top and one of those with a high continuous discharge rating. The battery has a capacity of 2600mah and a continuous discharge rating of 30A. This battery is suitable for power-hungry devices. But remember, the more the power consumed the shorter the time it will last on a single charge. The battery weight 44.30g
- 3.Samsung 25R 18650 batteries
- This is another 18650 Li-ion famous battery from Samsung. The battery has a capacity of 2600mah and a continuous discharge rating of 20A. The battery weighs 45.6g which is about 2.4g less heavy than the 30Q Samsung model.
- 4.Panasonic NCR18650B 18650 Li-ion batteries
- This one of the best 18650 Li-ion battery models from Panasonic. It has a capacity of 3400mah and a continuous discharge rating of 4.9A. So, this battery is not appropriate for devices that consume a lot of power. It's also a flat top battery that weighs 46g. If you have devices that need more than 5A current, then this battery is not the best choice.
- 5.Sony VTC6
- This is another 18650 Li-ion battery from Sony. It has a capacity of 3000 mah and a continuous discharge rating of 15A. However, tests show that this battery can be used even up to 19A without any overheating issues. But to be on a safer side, you should use it at the recommended rating by Sony which is 15A. The battery has a flat top and also weights 46.6g
- Does the brand matter while buying a 18650 Li-ion battery?
- Yes, the brand does matter while buying these batteries. This is mainly because there are a lot of companies out there making 18650 Li-ion batteries with no reputation to lose. However, this is different for brands like Sony and Samsung. So, if you don't have any prior experience using a battery from another brand it is always better to choose brands that have a reputation.
- However, you need to be careful because many fake sellers in the market will have fake batteries and brand them with a Samsung or Sony sticker. One of the ways you can get to know the fake batteries is by paying attention to the weight. The fake models are often lighter than the original models.
- While buying a 18650 Lithium-ion battery, it is important to consider the power needs of your device. Buying a battery that does not meet your power needs will not only give you poor performance but will also put your device and the user at risk. You also need to make sure you buy the battery from a brand that has been tested over time. Pay attention to all the specs while buying to ensure they match with those on the manufacturer's website to avoiding falling for the fake batteries in the market.