We all are well aware of the importance of batteries and how essential they have become in our day to day lives. But we are not much aware of the fact that there are a variety of batteries available with different names and for different purposes. Similarly, there is a battery type called AGM batteries which is a specific type of lead-acid- battery. They are also sometimes called "starved electrolyte" or "dry “because the fiberglass mat is only 95% saturated. Those who don’t know – AGM stands for Absorbed Glass Mats.
If you’re wondering about whether AGM batteries are deep cycle, then you’re definitely in the right place. Read on to ascertain about AGM battery type.
Let’s first know about deep cycle batteries.
Deep cycle?batteries are intended to be discharged down as much as 80 percent over and over and have thicker plates. Solid lead plates are used in a true deep cycle battery and not a sponge which makes it majorly different from the other batteries. This offers less surface area and thus less instant power like commencing batteries need. Despite the fact that these can be cycled down to 20 percent charge, the best life expectancy versus cost technique is to keep the normal cycle at about half discharge.?Regrettably, it is generally not possible to determine what you are truly purchasing in a portion of the markdown stores or places that have some expertise in car batteries. The golf cart battery is very famous for RV's. The issue is that "golf cart" alludes to a size of the battery case (normally called GC-2, or T-105), not the kind of development - so the quality and development of a golf car battery can shift significantly - extending from the modest off-brand with slight plates up to genuine profound cycle brands, for example, Crown, Deka, Trojan, and so forth. If we speak in general then we can say that we get what we pay for.
Absorbed glass mat (AGM) is a category of lead-acid deep cycle cells in which electrolyte ingests into a fiberglass tangle.
So, yes AGM batteries are deep cycle batteries. AGM entail very low resistance, can deliver high currents when needed, and provides a quite long service life, in case of deep cycled as well. The biggest benefit of AGM is a charge that’s up to 5 times quicker than the flooded version and the capability to deep cycle. Most AGM batteries are accessible in mid-sized and can be found in small and big for deep cycle use.
How much do you know about the AGM battery type?
AGM innovation got famous as a fixed lead acid battery for military airplane, vehicles and UPS to diminish weight and improve unwavering quality. The sulfuric corrosive is consumed by a fine fiberglass mat, which makes the battery spill-proof. This empowers shipment without perilous material limitations. The plates can be designed flat to look like a standard overflowed lead acid pack in a rectangular case; they can likewise be coiled into a cylindrical cell.
AGM is maintenance-free, gives great electrical reliability as well as is lighter as compared to flooded lead-acid kind. While normal lead-acid batteries demand a topping charge each 6 months in order to prevent the development of sulfation. AGM batteries are less disposed to sulfation and can be away for longer before a charge gets essential. The battery stands up greats to low temperatures and has a low self- discharge. On account of good execution at cold temperatures, AGM batteries are additionally utilized for marine, RV, and automated applications.
What brand of AGM battery is better?
These AGM batteries from various brands are well known and are famous because of their qualities and features which are as follows:
- Odyssey?PC680 is among the best AGM batteries and is famous for its features like its Corrosion-free studs, its durable and long-lasting, it never spills battery acid and it has a Long lifetime of 3 – 10 years
- Universal UB121000-45978 is the next in the queue of best AGM batteries because is very powerful with 100Ah of power, a long reserve capacity of 195 minutes, and it can be installed in any position.
- Mighty Max Battery ML35-12 it’s the next because it is affordable and value for money its design is Non-spillable, the Universal compatibility, and is a reputable manufacturer with a solid 1-year warranty.
- Optima 8016-103 is recommended because it is small and compact, its studs are also corrosion-free, and its superior reserve capacity is 120 minutes.
- The other AGM battery which is famous is Optima 8025-160 because it is small and compact, it has a cold cranking amp of 750, its excellent for cold environments and it has a vibration resistant.
- Another Brand which is famous for AGM batteries is ACDelco 94RAGM and it gained popularity because of its high performance with 80AH of power, high cold-cranking amps of 800 CCA, and superior warranty period of 3 years.
- DieHard 38275 comes in different sizes & power ratings, its small and compact and it had a long reserve capacity of 120 minutes.
When it comes to performance, reliability, and durability then the AGM battery is unbeatable. One of its qualities includes that it costs the same as a quality lead-acid battery but is superior for especially those who drive in cold weather. This battery can be ideal for those who don’t drive their car for an extended time period since it has a very low discharge rate.
So with this, we come to an end we hope that this post must have helped you to know much about the AGM batteries
lithium-ion battery e-bike battery lithium battery